Cleaning Car Seat
Car seats are something that every baby can’t keep clean. It becomes even more difficult as our children become older. We begin at some point to offer our children snacks while in their car seat. One of the most common snack foods offered to our toddlers are fish shaped foods. There are some specific steps that can help a person to wash their car seat.
- Remove car seat.
- Take picture so that you remember where the straps belong.
- Vacuum the car seat out.
- Remove car seat cover.
- Wash cover in washing machine in a cold and gentle cycle.
- Place the cover over a chair, or hang dry – DO NOT put into dryer.
- Look at picture and replace buckles.
- Replace car seat into car and tighten straps.
These steps can help when you are ready to clean the car seat. Complete this cleaning when you do not plan on using the car seat for at least 2 days.
There are some mistakes that people make when using car seats. Many times we as parents become complacent when it comes to our car seats. That complacence can cause troubles for the safety of your child.
- Proper use of seat with proper child. It is important to watch the guidelines that car seat manufacturers. Be sure that you don’t turn your car seat to a forward facing position to early in your child’s life. Also, be sure that if you are meant to have the car seat at a 45 degree angle then place it there.
- Tethering is very important. When you are using a forward facing seat it is important to anchor the car seat. Most commonly cars now have car seat anchors on the back of seats.
- Straps are extremely common mistake. Straps can be pinched or twisted. If your straps are not evenly distributed then you will find that they are not as secure.
- Latches can make or break your car seat safety. Latches are important to because once you place them where they belong you will learn that your babies are more secure. Car seats should be secured with either the seat belt or a latch, however NOT both. Also, be sure that the latches are strait.
- Clips and connections are important. Keeping them straitened and in the proper place can ensure the safety of your child. The chest clip needs to be located on the chest level at the armpit area. Along with keeping the straps strait and lying flat, the clip in between their legs needs to be lying flat against their thighs.
Car seats are extremely important to the safety of your child while driving in the car. Keeping your car seat clean, and used correctly can help to make your life much easier with your children.