Paralyzed Dog Was About To Be Euthanized Until The Vet Felt A Tick

Photo: DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital

Ollie the 10-year-old Shetland sheepdog suffered a close call after a camping trip with his family left him paralyzed and ready to be put to sleep.

Ollie was normally a very active and healthy dog. He enjoyed running amuck outside and joining his family on camping trips. However, after he came back
from one of the camping trips, he wasn’t the same. His family knew something was up with Ollie because he would just lay around and he stopped eating as much. And not long after this, Ollie back completely paralyzed. He was unable to eat or even go to the bathroom. His family immediately took him to the vet.

Photo: DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital

However, they were unable to figure out what was wrong with poor Ollie. His family loved him so much, it was hurting them to watch him suffer – so they made the agonizing decision to put him to sleep.

As Ollie was being prepared for his procedure at the DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital, luck intervened when an intern began petting him and then scratched behind his ear. That’s when the intern discovered a tiny bump which turned out to be a tick.

Read the entire article here: blog.theanimalrescuesite.greatergood.com

Leave a Reply