Saturday night filmmaker Zack Snyder spoke at the first inaugural Justice Con about the long-awaited release of the Snyder Cut of Justice League during a live Web panel. “It’s bigger than us these characters, or any director or actor. And they will exist far beyond us.” Snyder said.
Although the first trailer for Snyder’s Justice League will premiere on HBO Max next year, the director brought a juicy surprise with him and posted a brief unfinished movie clip along with some specifics on how his film was completed before DC Fandome on August 22.
But I know what you’re thinking…what about Joss Whedon’s “Frankenstein” film, which had re-colored and edited Snyder images with new scenes shot by Whedon? No conversation about the Snyder cut would be complete without bringing up that hot topic.
Well, Snyder admitted that he had not yet seen the Justice League’s theatrical cut and would never see it, while calming fears that any Whedon shot would appear in his cut, saying: “I would set the film on fire, I’d destroy it before I used a single frame that I did not photograph,” said Snyder. Although Snyder never actually spoke specifically Whedon ‘s name, he did say that after his decision to step down as Director of the Justice League, the replacement director had been chosen by a committee process following his family tragedy.
#ZackSnyder says he won't use any of Whedon's footage for #JusticeLeague, saying "I’d destroy the movie before I use a single frame that I didn’t photograph. That is a f—ing hard fact. I’d blow the f—ing thing up."#ReleaseTheSnyderCut #DC #DCEU pic.twitter.com/9TNNpXkoaJ— Comic Fanatic (@ComicFanatic4) July 26, 2020